Please review and act upon the following announcements:
PAI Campaign Attribution parameter
Play Auto Installs (PAI) now supports a new attribution parameter (utmCampaign). This attribution parameter can be read by an installed app using the Play Install Referrer API. For details, see Config APK XML files.
|Test suites releases and required-use date; List of CTS waiver patches for next releases|
This month, we have updated releases for the test suites listed below, as well as the GMS package.
- CTS release
- 3rd quarter releases of the Android Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) for Android 9.0, 8.1, 8.0, 7.1, and 7.0 are released (android-partners announcement).
- Process to deal with CTS test failures
- List of CTS test fixes (requested to issue a waiver for a test failure) that are work-in-progress can be found here in the CTS gerrit. The CTS merged test fixes after 2019-07-08 will be included in next releases, In the meantime, you can use the reduced waiver requests process if you are failing any of the tests that’s’ already on the above list of “merged test fixes”.
- GTS Release
- GMS Test Suite (GTS) version 7.0 R2 has been released on the GTS Download page on August 15, 2019.
- GTS 7.0_R2 will support Android 7.0 to 10 and will be enforced for GMS approvals starting September 19, 2019.
- VTS Release
- August releases for the Vendor Test Suite for Android 9.0, 8.1 and 8.0 will be available on the Downloading VTS and GSIs page by the end of this week.
- The new GSIs will include the SPLs for April.
These versions will be required for GMS approvals as described in the table below:
|Release||Release version||Required-use date|
|CTS||9.0 R9, 8.1 R16, 8.0 R20, 7.1 R28, 7.0 R32||2019-9-19|
|VTS||9.0 R7, 8.1 R7, 8.0 R10||2019-4-25|
Qualcomm/Borqs join GMS Express program
We are happy to announce that Qualcomm is now on board GMS Express program with support from Borqs. QM215 is the first Express baseline chipset. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for the GMS Express baseline code and support. Express Plus funding will be available on Qualcomm Express Plus devices.
In addition to the existing 3PL Test Labs, Borqs will also start providing 3PL Test Lab services for GMS Express Plus device using Qualcomm Chipset.
Early BTS PHA detection in APFE/APA comms
A frequently cited request from partners to Google is to enable the earlier detection of PHA (Potentially Harmful Applications) on partner builds. We’d like to make partners aware of a workflow modification they can apply to enable this earlier visibility.
Partners may pre-submit early versions of their software builds to Google and trigger a scan of the software build by submitting an empty CTS reports to APA (or APFE). The Build Test Suite (BTS) system which scans builds for PHA will still be able to scan the build and its apps independent of the submission of a complete CTS report to APA/APFE. This workflow modification enables you to have advance notice of PHA versus waiting until complete CTS reports have been generated and the build has been finalized.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your technical account manager.
GTS 7.0 R1 enforcement starts on 8/15/2019
On 2019-07-17, we released GMS Test Suite (GTS) version 7.0 R1. GTS 7.0_R1 supports Android 7.0 to 10 and will be enforced for GMS approvals starting August 15, 2019.
For partners who may be experiencing the GTS retry issue while running GTS on Android Pie and earlier devices, you can use GTS 7.0 R2 for approval. This build has a required fix for retry as well as other test fixes. Newly added tests in GTS 7.0 R2 (w.r.t. 7.0 R1), will be waived till the enforcement date of 7.0 R2.
GTS 7.0 R2 is Released
GMS Test Suite (GTS) version 7.0 R2 has been released on the GTS Download page on August 15, 2019. GTS 7.0_R2 will support Android 7.0 to 10 and will be enforced for GMS approvals starting September 17, 2019.
GTS 7.0_R2 replaces GTS 7.0_R1 for approvals of GMS distribution per MADA/ EMADA on phone & tablet devices running Android 7.0 to 10. Major changes compared to previous release are following:
- Fixed the GTS retry issue some partners experienced when running GTS 7.0 R1 on Android Pie and below devices
- Added one new test module and 19 new test cases
- GtsRegulationComplianceTestCases added to verify that DUT is compliant with GMS requirements for builds shipping to Russia.
- Fixes for some miscellaneous bugs and performance improvements.